Emails are messages distributed by electronic means. Emails could be sent through or from one computer to another or from phones to computers via the internet. There are many email service providers like AOL, Gmail, Yahoo, etc but in this article will focus on AOL mail login. Also how to create an account on AOL, how to log in to AOL and how to set up some third-party APP for AOL email.
AOL is a free web-based email service provided by American Online (AOL) email with a division in Verizon telecommunication company. Though AOL provides email services it is also a platform for news, video upload, lifestyle, entertainment, and finances. It offers better service compared to other email service providers.
American Online (AOL) started providing email service in 1993, in 2004/2005 it added other services like AOL Instant Message (AIM).
With AOL mail login you can send a message of 25MB (max upload limit) at a go, you also have maximum mailbox messages of 1,000 new messages. 4,000 old messages and 4,000 sent messages per screen name with a total of 250GB of space if each message is 25MB data.
Note that if you don’t log in to your AOL email account within a period of 90 days (called grace period) your account will be deactivated and after a period of 180 days, the account will be totally deleted.
AOL mail login
AOL Email login has a news feed, where you can get your update on what is going on within the local environ and the globe. Not only news but you can also upload videos, plays games, connect with friends using AIM, check entertainment list, follow lifestyles, finances. It is fun using the AOL email login.
however to have access to your AOL mail you have to log in, so see the process below to do that.
- Head to AOL.com go to the right-hand side of the page you will see “login/join” click on it.
- Next is to enter your AOL email and password and tap on enter.
Having said all that, its time to know how do we create an account in the AOL? Well, to answer this question, this article will give guidelines on how to create an AOL email login and how to use some of the features.
How to create an AOL email login account
To create or sign up on AOL Email is easy I will lead you through a step by step process for creating an AOL email login:
- Type AOL.com on your web browser and press the enter button
- After the page has opened, go to the right hand of the page you will see “login/join” click on it
- The next page is the “AOL. sign in” page since you don’t have an account with AOL you should select or click on “Create an account”.
- On the next page, you will have to fill the box with the necessary information, choose your screen name and password
- After step 4, click on “Continue”
- The next page is the verification page, click on Continue then a verification code will be sent to your cell phone number. You used to sign up for the account, now enter the code in the space provided.
- After entering the code number you will receive a congratulation page then click “Continue” to enter your mailbox. You Now own/have an AOL email account.
Using third-Party email APP
With the AOL email service, you can use a third-party email app if you don’t like the AOL email login interface to access your emails, you can use any third-party App to send messages. But all you need to do is to choose between the POP and IMAP protocol when you are setting up the third-party APP.
POP and IMAP are protocols used to download or syncs emails from your AOL email account to the APP. There is a difference between POP and IMAP protocols.
In POP, the App just downloads your email from your AOL email account into a folder and keeps the information there. So that if you decide to edit your inbox or delete an email from it. It will not affect the one that has been downloaded to the App folder.
While IMAP is a continual synchronization between the APP and your inbox. That is if anything is done to your AOL email account it will affect the email in APP vice-versa.
How to set up POP and IMAP
Go to the setting in your AOL account and follow these steps below:
In the POP protocol setting
- For the incoming email server use pop.aol.com for server setting and POP3-995-SSL for the port setting.
- For the outgoing email server use smtp.aol.com for server setting and SMTP-465-SSL for the port setting.
While for IMAP protocol setting
- For the incoming email server use imap.aol.com for server setting and IMAP-993-SSL for port setting
- For the outgoing email server use smtp.aol.com for server setting and SMTP-465-SSL for the port setting
Features of AOL email login
AOL email login has exciting features especially for the people for those using iOS (iPhone and iPad).
I hope the information has helped you.