The Association for Research on Civil Society in Africa (AROCSA) in partnership and the support of Ford Foundation, has established the AROCSA Ph.D. Fellowship Program 2021 for African Scholars. As part of the program, qualified Ph.D. applicants who have successfully proven their research proposals will be issues research grants to cover the cost of their research such as fieldwork, data collection, data processing, and the printing of their final dissertations.
The research grant is aimed at encouraging the production and expansion of knowledge by African scholars in eligible fields of nonprofit management, philanthropy, civil society, social entrepreneurship, and voluntary action studies in line with AROCSA’s mission is aimed at promoting and advancing a community of excellence in research and practice on civil society in the service of African Economy development.
AROCSA PhD Fellowship Program 2021 for African Scholars
The Association for Research on Civil Society in Africa (AROCSA) is a membership-based community that is aimed towards creating a window and opportunity for meaningful engagement of civil society stakeholders. To be done with the goal of knowledge of the current generation and expanding to civil society by African scholars and practitioners, hereby reflecting global excellence standards and propelling development on the continent. AROCSA was established with funding from the Ford Foundation West Africa and mentored by the Association for Research on Non-Profit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA).
AROCSA Ph.D. Fellowship Program
- Type – Postgraduate.
- Organization – Association for Research on Civil Society in Africa (AROCSA).
- Country to Study – Not specified.
- School to study – Mot specified.
- Course to study – Not specified.
- State of Origin – Not specified.
- Gender – Men and Women.
- Application Deadline – November 13th, 2020.
Aim and Grant of AROCSA Ph.D. Fellowship Program
Qualified applicants will be required to provide papers on their research at AROCSA’s next annual conference event which will hold in August 2021. Where they will formally be introduced as AROCSA fellows. Their completed theses/project will also be hosted on the AROCSA website as an open-source document to benefit other researchers and the general public in their own affairs.
Eligible and qualified applicants will be awarded a grant of up to US$3,500.
Eligibility Requirements for AROCSA Ph.D. Fellowship Program Qualification
AROCSA is inviting and accepting requests from African scholars who are registered as a full-time Ph.D. student in any university in Africa.
- Applicants’ should focus their theses on nonprofit management, philanthropy, civil society, social entrepreneurship, and voluntary action studies.
- They ought to have already proved their research proposals during application to be considered eligible for the program.
The program benefits are awarded based on merit. And applicants will be qualified for the program based on the following criteria:
- Potential quality and impact of the proposed research.
- In terms of the thematic research areas of nonprofit management, philanthropy, civil society, social entrepreneurship, and voluntary action studies.
Documents Required for Application
Here are the required documents meant to be possessed by the applicants during the application:
- Proof of registration in any university in Africa.
- A copy of the Approved Research proposal
- Letter of motivation from the applicant.
- And a letter of support from a supervisor.
How to Apply
Applying candidates are expected to apply for the Ph.D. Workshop through an electronic application on the AROCSA website. Follow these steps below to apply for the program:
- Enter the website Arocsa.org/phdcallform2021/.
- Fill in your first name, last name, country of origin, telephone number, email address, understood languages, institution, university location, program of study, if you have successfully defended your research proposal, research title, and name of the supervisor.
- Attach and upload the application documents.
- Click on Submit.
Please ensure to fill in the form correctly and compile all required documents into a single PDF document before submission. All original documents processed for application should be presented as double spaced, 12pt font with one-inch margins.
Please note that all items listed above are mandatory and incomplete or false information during applications will not be considered.
Website: For more details, visit AROCSA website.
Application Deadline – November 13th, 2020.