The best movies for kids and how to decide is one question that comes to mind. There are some deciding factors to consider but no the less the movie must be fun to watch for the kids. We all love movies and there is no exception for kids. Kids love movies and there are a lot of movies that cater for kids. Both live-action and animated.
Best Movies for Kids and How to Decide
Animated movies are the all-time favorite of kids. Kids love these action-packed animated movies and those of us that are still children at heart love them as well. Over the years a lot of kid’s movies have been produced but are all of them kid-appropriate? In this article, we will see how to decide a movie is okay for a kid to watch. This is so that you don’t end up spoiling your kid with the movies you let them watch.
Factors to Consider When Deciding a Movies For Kids
You will have to put something in mind when you are deciding if a movie is kid-appropriate. The below factors how to decide the best movies for kids.
- Age-appropriate – There are a lot of movies out there. A movie that is age-appropriate makes kids expand their knowledge since they do no have much understanding.
- Action – Movies with action goes with the first factor. You have to choose a movie that will grab the child’s attention as children has a short attention span.
- Inspirational – A kid’s movie should be inspirational. Though they may not understand the lesson of the movie they have to learn something from their favorite character through inspiration. Movies, where the characters find meaning in doing something or went beyond all odds to make their dream, come true.
- Sexual movies – kids don’t need these kinds of movies so make sure to keep kids away from these kinds of movies.
Best Movies For Kids
Here are some of the best movies for kids. These movies have been carefully selected based on those factors above. They are appropriate for all kids to watch.
- Mulan – This movie shows a girl whose father fought in a war and injured his leg. She goes in place of her father afraid of his life in a guise of a man and takes her father’s place.
- Rapunzel – This is a girl locked in a tower her whole life and dreams of going outside. She comes in contact with a thief who takes her outside her tower and she sees the outside world for the first time.
- Megamind – This is a story about a supervillain who always loses to the superhero until he finally defeats the hero and he has no one to fight. He realizes there is more to life than being a supervillain.
- Cars – A famous racecar life turns upside down when he finds himself in a town that is not on the map. Here he realize there is more to fame and fortune.
- Brave – Princess Merida wants to make her own choices about her life and in the process of doing that brings about a curse. Now she has to find a way to find that curse and bring her family together.
- The Lion King – After the death of his father in an elaborate scheme, he escapes and leads a carefree life until his past catches up to him.
- Ella enchanted – Though not an animation this fairytale movie tells about a girl who is cursed with obedience and she takes it upon herself to break the spell and on the journey she encounters the prince.
- Adventures of Lava girl and shark boy – A young boy’s imaginary friend come to life and ask him for help.
- Toy Story series – The toy story series is a movie about toys who come alive when their owner is not around.
Best Movies for kids on Netflix
Netflix is quite hot right now during this pandemic period. There are lots of movies appropriate for kids that are on Netflix that you should really give a try. Many of such movies are listed below.
- Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
- Mary Poppins Returns
- Ralph Breaks the Internet
- The Incredibles 2
- Walk. Ride. Rodeo.
- Next Gen
- The Secret Life of Pets 2
- Bee Movie
- Mary and the Witch’s Flower
If you love Netflix and you like these movies nothing is stopping you from streaming them now.
Best Movies for kids on HuLu
Let us not leave out Hulu one of the best streaming services with a cheap subscription. Take a look below to see some of them.
- Lost and Found
- A Boy Named Charlie Brown
- Curious George 2: Follow That Monkey!
- Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who!
- Curious George: Royal Monkey
- The Ant Bully
- Free Willy
- The Pirates! Band of Misfits
- Snoopy, Come Home
- Chicken Run
- A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner
- Pick of the Litter
These days there is almost more kid movie than grown-up movies, this is why you need to decide which so show to your kids. I hope now that you have gone through this post you now have the ideal Best Movies For Kids And How To Decide.