Dataville Research LLC Statistical Consulting Internship Recruitment is ongoing. This is a consortium of worldwide development professionals and public policy think-tank with headquarters located in Abuja, Nigeria, and field offices in Jos, Lagos, Maiduguri, Nairobi, Johannesburg, and New Delhi. Our research tackles the complex and chronic challenges of poverty and development for underserved populations delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from relatively stable societies to challenging political space.
Dataville Research LLC Statistical Consulting Internship Recruitment
This programme invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for:
- Job Title: Statistical Consulting Intern.
- Location: Nationwide.
- Statistical consulting is the most challenging and most rewarding part of statistics. A consultant uses the art and science of statistics to unravel a practical problem
- Good consulting requires a robust technical background in statistics, good people skills, and for several, an honest business sense
- In addition, modern statistical consulting often involves distance relationships with clients and distance technology.
- This remote statistical internship programme will facilitate your development skills that cover the full range of the steps within the statistical consulting process: communication and managing client sessions, applying appropriate statistical techniques, interpreting results, and communicating the findings in clear, non-mathematical terms
- The hands-on exercises accommodate real-life datasets from industry, healthcare, and government
- Therefore, it is a model for your analysis during this programme.
Here are the objectives and duties to be participated in by interns for this programme:
- Interns will work on broad statistical areas focused around industry, government, and academia and a variety of themes in international development.
- Conduct research design, instrument development, data analysis, interpretation, and reporting of results.
- Review and summarize statistical methods in academic and industry journals.
- Contribute to our Statistical Consulting Centre’s activities and IDR research fellowship.
- Apply statistical thinking and methods to public policy issues.
To become eligible for this programme, interns ought to have the following eligibility requirements:
- A Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree in an exceeding field associated with Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Epidemiology, Public Health, or Mathematics with good academic standing. Degrees in Theoretical Physics, Engineering, and other fields that deliver high-level training in mathematical modelling and other advanced quantitative techniques might also be eligible.
- Non-quantitative candidates with strong interest and keenness for data analysis and machine learning may apply to the present programme.
- Intern must have good written and oral communications skills in English.
- Must have good organizational skills, problem-solving abilities, time management skills, initiative, flexibility, and skill to figure on several assignments simultaneously.
- Intern must have a solid working knowledge of Microsoft tools and software.
- Programming and data analysis skills are desirable.
This programme is set to close on the 20th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Click here to go to the application portal.
- Scroll below and fill out the application form.
- Fill correctly your personal details and few other required questions.
- Click on the programme agreement of rules and privacy.
- Then click on the Submit button.
Your application will be sent and you will be notified about your application status after a while.