I am glad to announce that Diet Doctor is now offering a free CME activity to all aspiring and interested clinicians, patients, and careers: Treating metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, and obesity with therapeutic carbohydrate restriction. Thanks to the support of our members, we can offer this CME at no cost to clinicians. This fully referenced, evidence-based CME activity is certified for three AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. It is jointly provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) and Diet Doctor and is intended for physicians, physician assistants, registered nurses, and dietitians engaged in the care of patients with metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, and obesity. Read more on this article to get other information about Diet Doctor.
The course was designed by clinicians for clinicians. As this course outline shows, it covers all clinicians need to know about dietary carbohydrate restriction and how to implement it safely and effectively with patients for whom it is appropriate. In maintaining records with Diet Doctor’s mission to “make low carb simple”. The course also comes with supplemental materials used for clinicians and their patients to make it easy to translate evidence into practice.
We hope that this course will help reaffirm the scientific and clinical support for this approach and along with other efforts by Low Carb USA and expert clinicians also act as another step in solidifying the standard of care around low-carb nutrition. We would love it if you would share the news about this course with colleagues. You can forward this email to them or use this flyer to share or post.
Resources of Diet Doctor
Diet Doctor also has some new resources to aid low carb simple for patients and clinicians alike. For patients, below are the resources they provide:
- A sample menu
- Shopping list
- Meal planning guide
- Substitutes for favorite foods handout
- Simple meals and planned leftovers, and
- Information about target protein ranges
For clinicians, the Diet Doctor have handy operations to one-pagers on the below-listed activities:
- Monitoring ketones
- Fasting insulin and HOMA-IR ranges
- Lab tests and follow-up schedule
- Type 2 diabetes medication reduction, and
- A 5-day food diary for patients who need to monitor their intake
Of course, for those on the list who are not clinicians, anyone can register for and view the course. You just won’t be eligible for CME credits.
How to Apply for Diet Doctor
Applying for Diet Doctor is just like applying for a job. There are courses you are to choose from. Follow the steps below to register to Diet Doctor:
- Go to the website Dietdoctor
- Click on Free Trial or Register.
- Select a plan either Diet Doctor Plus (paid, but one month free. But you can cancel within 30 days after registering) or Basic.
- Provide your first name, last name, and country.
- From the next page, either select the monthly membership of $9.99 or annual membership of $99.
- Click on the Checkmark box to accept the terms and privacy statements.
- Provide the card or PayPal payment method. Then include the card or PayPal account details.
- Click on Start my journey.
Now you can begin to get the courses from there.
Diet Doctor Career
You can also apply for a career at the Diet Doctor organization. Follow the procedure to get this done:
- Enter the URL https://careers.dietdoctor.com.
- Click on CONNECT option.
- Select any of the categories and accept the privacy rules.
- Click on Register.
- Set your years’ experience and click on Continue.
- Attach your pitch, upload your CV, and click on Upload.
- And upload any additional documents and click on Upload.
Then you will wait for your application status, after which you will be notified of what to do next. Follow the guidelines to get your experiences with Diet Doctor.
For clinicians, please let us know if we can help you help your patients in other ways. And if you are interested in supporting us as we continue to develop materials to make low carb easy for clinicians and patients, please think about becoming a Diet Doctor member yourself.
Finally, we are happy to hear suggestions for improvements moving forward. If you take the time to view the course, we’d love to hear what you think.