You don’t just wake up and decide to upload a cover photo. The issue of the Facebook cover photo size is not a recent issue it has been around since the dawn of the Facebook cover photo. We all know that Facebook cover photos are not Facebook profile photos and are different from normal Facebook photos. These photos have their own importance on your profile. and that is why this post will teach you all you need to know about the Facebook cover photo size, how to construct or create one among other things on the guide today so be sure to stay tuned.
What are Facebook cover photos
A Facebook cover photo is that large photo that is above your profile photo on your Facebook timeline. However, there are different types of Facebook cover photo and for a different purpose. We have a business page cover photo, a Facebook group cover photo, and personal cover photo. these all have their own sizes and dimensions released by Facebook for all cover photos. And that is where we are going to dwell on this post today. So without any waste let’s go ahead and jump in.
Facebook cover photo size 2019
The Facebook cover photos and dimensions are stated as follow according to Facebook.
- For page, a profile picture your display should be at 170 by 170 pixel on your pages in computer. And also 128 by 128 pixel for smartphones and then 36 by 36 pixel on the featured phone.
- For your Page’s cover photo the dimensions of the display should be an 820 × 312pixels for the computer. While 640×360 pixels in dimensions for smartphones and tabs. Or they must be at least 400 pixels in width and 150 pixels tall.
- Also, common images should be sRGB or jpg file with a pixel of 851×315 pixel and less than 100 kilobytes. You can also try png file with logos and texts these are the best recommended.
These are the dimensions for the Facebook cover photos for Facebook desktop and Facebook cover photo size for mobile as described by Facebook. Also, they say you should keep in mind that these photos might be a crop in circular form when on ads and post, and they will remain in square shape when people visit your page.
Clues to create a Facebook cover photo
Now to create a Facebook cover photo is very easy. especially now that you have the dimensions necessary to create the cover. There are plenty of tools like Photoshop, snipper, and others that can be download and used to create as much cover photos as you like. so with these sizes and dimensions, you can now start to create cover photos for your profile, groups, pages, etc. Once you have finished creating your Facebook cover photos the next procedure will teach you how to use a Facebook cover photo.
How to use a Facebook cover photo
Using a Facebook cover photo is easy and involves only a few steps to do. The procedure below describes exactly how to do that.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Not tap on your Name which is at the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Camera Icon at the top left corner of your profile photo, and click on Update cover photo.
- But if you currently do not have any cover photo click on Add cover photo.
- Now click on Upload photo. This will open a window showing you all the photos in your computer select one. NOTE that you can decide to create a College or select Artwork.
- After selecting a photo adjusted by dragging it up or down and left or right.
- And click on Save changes.
After clicking on Save changes the picture will be updated as your new cover photo. It is as easy as that to use cover photos on your Facebook profile.
Your Facebook profile will not be complete without adding a cover photo. Everyone has cover photo these days. Moreover, cover photos are not only for personal use. As I have mentioned above they are also used in businesses pages, groups and personal and so on. a good cover photo can increase your business page and group members. I, therefore, adjoin you to create an appropriate cover photo today and thank me later.