If you have a present in this world lately, you should know that the world of Gifs is growing wider and gaining more popularity and coming stronger. Everyone has been using it right from the time it was created up till now. Some people are now Masters on GIFs they now know how to create their own GIFs with their own pictures and videos and doing lots more like sending gifs on chat on comments etc. Now it is no doubt that this has become a new trend on social media. And Facebook seeing the potential of these gift has now decided to utilize it by using it in creating ads. On this post, you will be taught how to create Facebook GIF ads, how to use a gif in creating ads, the importance of gif ads and more.
What are Gifs?
Well, you already know what they are, but it is still important for us to talk about them a little bit. Gifs in full means graphic interchanging formats. They are very short animated images in the form of videos that usually features no sound and play in repeat. The major difference between it and videos are they are relatively shorter in length than videos. These can be used in creating Facebook ads as well as videos.
Advantages of Facebook GIF ads
These kinds of ads have the same advantages as would a video ad and more. As the GIFs are similar to video so they should have similar kinds of advantages to each other. Some of the advantages are listed below.
- Making GIFs is very easy to do and does not cost any money. However, you can even turn videos into gifs. So you can repurpose your already made video ads into gifs ads. To get more benefits out of it.
- Taking full advantages of GIFs ads will give you a way to stand out from the multitude of Facebook image ads running daily and put you in a middle ground between image ads and video ads. which might be exactly what you need to get to your target audience.
- The fact that uses only watch about a third of videos uploaded on the Facebook platform gives gifs more advantage over video ads as they are relatively shorter than video ads. which gives you the confidence that your GiF ad will be viewed to the end.
You can also check my post on Facebook video ads to get more of the importance of video ads which in comparison are similar to that of gif ads.
How to make a GIF
Making a GIF is relatively easy to do and most of you already have interesting GIFs you use during chatting and others. While others already have videos ads running which can be converted to GIFs to reach more audience and target. But I have described a very short and easy method to create your own GIFs for your Facebook ads below.
- Head over to Giphy.com.
- Once the website has loaded tap on Create at the top right side of the screen.
Now you will see different kinds of options to use in creating GIFs choose anyone you want. but for this post, we will use the option of creating a GIF for your existing video. But you can choose any option that you want.
- So tap on Choose video to upload your video
- Choose an appropriate Start time and Duration that makes sense for your gif.
- Go ahead and decorate and do all the necessary things you want.
- You can also choose to attach a URL and others.
- When you are finally done then tap on Upload to Giffy.
Tapping on that would create the GIF so that you can download and use the Gif you created. And it will be ready for your Facebook ads.
How to create Facebook gif ads
Now that you have known how to create a gif it is important to know how to use it on Facebook ads. However, doing so is similar to creating a Facebook video ad. On this post, we are going to use the Facebook power editor over the Facebook ads manager. As it packs more punch than the Facebook ad manager. I will make an entire post about the Facebook power editor tool another day.
- Open Facebook power editor, and tap on Create ads.
- Now, name your campaign, choose ads set and others then tap on save to draft.
- Then select Video/slideshow.
- Now upload your GIF or add a link to your GIF.
- After doing that you can add your ads copy which is a short description of the ads.
- Finally, tap on Publish.
Tapping on publish will make the ad go live. And by so doing you have successfully created your first Gif ad. then watch out for the difference and how well the ad will do on Facebook.
Facebook GIF ads Autoplay
As a video ad would, the Facebook gif ads should also autoplay. But the only problem is it will only auto play for those who have their Facebook video set to autoplay. That is if anyone has disabled the autoplay feature on their account it will not autoplay. However the auto play feature is something that is enabled by default, and most users to no even bother to turn it off hence giving your gif ad higher chance of them been played.
Instagram GIF ads
For now, the gif feature ads is still in its early stages, and there has not been any mention about it on the Instagram platform. However, we will keep a keen eye. But I would encourage you if you have been running ads before to try if there is a way to do that on the Instagram platform. Because both Facebook and Instagram are owned by one person so it might work. But if it don’t then you can always use Facebook gif ads.
GIF on Facebook business page
There is no big deal on posting gifs on a facebook business page. Though there is not an option for doing that, you can still use the way you upload a normal photo or videos to do it. Doing it is very simple. Follow the procedure below.
- Enter your business page
- Now tap on the Photo/video
- Then tap on Upload photo/video and select your gif.
- And hit Publish to make it go live.
And with that, we have come to the end of this post on gifs. It is always good to stand out of the crowd. And you can do that to stand out of the crown of Facebook ads by running a simple ad. This has the propensity to make you lots of profits as you are sure to catch the eyes of your target community.