There is nothing that tells the tale better than gifs and with Facebook gifs, you will sharing animated pictures that tells the story. A gif is an image format that captures a short scene of moving images in a movie format. There is no sound in it, it is just an image. Gifs are the known trend that is hot on social media and it is very well-loved by users. Just imagine if a picture says a thousand words then a gif says ten thousand words.
It does not matter which social media you are using, you have probably seen thousands of gifs already, this is especially true for Facebook. So are you ready to join Facebook gifs and be a part of the Facebook gifs users? If you are, keep reading as the article that will share with you the things you got to know about it. And how Facebook allows its users to post gifs to the platform and how you can also do it.
Facebook Gif Button
Facebook launched this button in June 2017. Before then if you wanted to post a gif then you will have to use external methods to post it to the platform. This button has been added to the platform considerably cut down the stress of using those methods and made things a lot easier. Now you can use the button to search for gifs and also share gifs from other sites to comments and posts. When you use this button you will find out that there so many gifs and you don’t have to worry about not finding the one you need at that moment.
How to Share a Gif on Facebook
Now for you to be able to share a Gif on Facebook there are actually three ways you can easily do this. These three ways include you uploading a gif natively into the Facebook status box, Uploading a gif directly from giphy.com or from the Giphy mobile app, and finally using the gif button on your Facebook status box. Now here is how you can use this method to upload a Gif.
Upload a Gif Natively to Facebook Status Box
Follow these steps to upload a gig natively to Facebook status box.
- First, visit the GIPHY website www.giphy.com or use the mobile.
- Once it has opened click on the gif you would like to upload.
- You will be directed to the Gif detail page.
- If you are using desktop save the gif to your computer by right-clicking on it.
- But if you are using the mobile app you can save it to your gallery on your mobile device.
- Visit your Facebook profile and go to the status box.
- Once there click on photo/video and select the saved gif.
- Once it has been uploaded, click on share.
Upload Gif Directly From GIPHY to Facebook
Follow these steps to upload Gif directly from the Giphy to Facebook.
- Once you are on the Giphy website www.giphy.com click on the preferred gif that you want to post on Facebook.
- After you have clicked on it you will be directed to the gif detail page.
- Click on the Facebook share button located on the page. This button is on the right side of the gif under Share it.
Your gif will be uploaded once you have completed the above.
Upload Gif Directly From the Giphy App to Facebook
Here are the steps to follow to upload gif directly from the Giphy app to Facebook.
- On the Giphy mobile app, tap on the Share button located under any gif.
- Once you have tapped it, a selection of social sharing buttons will appear.
- Tap on the Facebook button to share to Facebook.
- Once you have tap the button, the gif will be automatically posted to your status on Facebook.
- Type in your desired text and once done click on share.
Using the Gif Button in Facebook Is Status Box
Here is how to use the gif button on your Facebook status.
- Open the status box in your Facebook profile.
- Click on the gif button or icon to search and select a gif from the gif library.
- Once you have selected the gif, the gif will be attached to your Facebook post.
Once you have done the above click on share. The gif will be posted and shared with your friends on Facebook.