The days of going to a physical store before you can find and buy things are going away rapidly. We are in an era where one doesn’t need to step out of the house before they can buy whatever they want. thanks to online stores. with online stores you never have to go out, just lying down on your couch you can buy whatever you want from where ever you want. that’s why on this post today we would be talking about the facebook marketplace. Also how to access it, how to buy and sell amongst other stuff. on this post today.
Like a physical marketplace or any other marketplace, the Facebook marketplace is a place where businesses and individuals come together for the sole purpose of buying and selling to benefit all. Facebook having over 800million users monthly user is a great place to sell your products and services to make huge gains and profit. therefore the facebook marketplace S a great place to start when looking to buy sell or start a business.
How to Find Marketplace on Facebook
First things first, for you to be able to access the Facebook platform let alone access the marketplace, you must have to be a member of the Facebook platform in order to access Facebook. follow the procedure below to create a Facebook account.
Create Facebook Account
The steps or the process involved in creating a Facebook account is as simple as anything. follow the quick guide below to do so.
- Firstly you have to go to the Facebook website which is www.facebook.com/r.php
- When the page loads fill in your details correctly, this is the details you will be seeing you on your profile
- Now tap on create an account
- Now login to the email you used to open it and tap on the email Facebook sent you about your account creation
- Open the email and log in with your details and your account will be verified.
now that you have a facebook account ready, and logged in, it is time to know how to access facebook marketplace. And that is what we are going to be talking about next on this post.
How to Get to Marketplace on Facebook
Accessing the Facebook marketplace is a little bit tricky but will this guide you will be able to access it. And not only accessing it, but also use it to buy and trade. but before we start, it is important to know that the facebook marketplace is not available for everyone. It is only available in selected places. That being said you have to try your luck if it will be available or accessible to you.
- To access the marketplace from the facebook app, open the app. Now search for the House Icon which would be at the bottom of the app for ios and at the bottom of the app for Android.
- To access it on a web browser, open the facebook page and log in using your web browser
- On the left side of the facebook page look for the House Icon and tap on it.
Now it is important to note that if you can’t find it. which is represented by the house icon. That means it is not available at your location. That case I’m sorry you have to try another platform. But for those of you, that is available on their locations and they can find it. Then move on to the next step.
Selling items on Marketplace – Category
To sell on the Facebook marketplace your product has to be in one of the following categories.
- Clothing and accessories
- Home and garden
These are the categories that are available for buyers and sellers to make use of during trading.
How to Sell items on Marketplace
To sell an item on the marketplace follow the steps, Bellow.
- Tap on the Facebook marketplace icon
- Now tap on +Sell Something
- And click on Items for sale
- Now type the title, the price, your location and a category for the item that you want to sell
- Add a description
- Click on the +10 photos to select a picture for the item
- Now click on Post
After tapping a post your item will be live on the marketplace waiting for a buyer.
How to Buy on FB marketplace
The buying aspect is far easier than selling aspect if you know what I mean. the steps below will guide you on how to buy.
- Tap and open the facebook marketplace
- Now you will find a list of different items that are being sold tap on any of the items you want to buy
- Now tap on Message. By tapping message a message will be sent to the seller of the item, now you can take over and chat with the seller to complete your purchase. to see your conversations on items you are buying, click Buying which is at the top left corner of the marketplace place platform.
The fact being that the Facebook marketplace is a greater place to start when thinking about buying or selling. As there are over 800 million monthly users. the market cannot disappoint in any way. Buying and selling have now become very easy, just as easy as flipping a switch or pushing a button. So next time if you want to sell your stuff or you want to buy something do remember to visit the facebook marketplace.