We all know that the Facebook marketplace is a great platform for people of different backgrounds and orientation to come together. Just for the purpose of buying and selling. And buy things from someone you have not met or don’t know or even trust before there is always a risk attached. Facebook what to do when someone cheated you on marketplace is always the question that will cross your mind if you have ever experienced any form of cheating on the marketplace. Therefore this post is going to be addressing that issue. And also some ways on how to stay safe in the marketplace.
You should be careful
Cheating on Facebook marketplace is inevitable if you do not take proper precautions to ensure you are safe. Like every other online market platform there is always a risk. However, it is left for you to take action to prevent yourself from being one of the victims. Now Facebook has rules that guide against and protects you when making transactions on the market platform. Because not only sellers cheat buyers do also. So if you’ve been cheated before, be glad you came across.
What to do when cheated on Facebook marketplace
If you have cheated on the Facebook marketplace before well there’s only one thing left for you to do. Which is to report what happened to the appropriate authority. So if you have been cheated before your only option is to report on the Facebook marketplace. Follow the steps below to learn how to report someone in the Facebook marketplace.
How do I report someone on Facebook marketplace
If you have been cheated, and you want to report someone on the Facebook marketplace. follow the steps below exactly as they are.
Reporting a seller
- Log into your Facebook account, now tap on the Facebook marketplace icon.
- now click on any listing from any seller you want to report
- Click on the down arrow at the top right corner and then click on Report seller
- Then follow the on-screen prompts to properly report the seller.
Reporting a buyer
- After opening your Facebook and log in, tap on the Facebook marketplace icon.
- Click on Selling at the top left.
- Now click on the message that transpired between you and the seller. But in case you already marked the listing as sold, click on Show listing at the top right to show the listing.
- Now click the three horizontal dots at the top right side of the message
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete your report.
How to report someone that has blocked you
This will almost certainly be the case if you have been cheated. I don’t think the person that the person would still be lying around having you as a friend. What you do when the person has blocked you is that you ask your friend to help you report the listing the person made. That you have engaged in and you were cheated. then follow the above process as if you want to report someone that has not blocked you.
How to stay safe on Facebook marketplace
Facebook has laid down some rules for you to follow that will keep you safe when accessing Facebook marketplace. Some of them are below.
- You should not share your financial information with anybody you are making a transaction with on the Facebook market.
- Your meet location should be in a public place where both parties would feel safe.
- make sure to confirm physically the items you are buying before you make any form of payment.
- Make sure to confirm if you are not buying or selling counterfeited items.
These are some of the guidelines that are laid down to protect you when in the marketplace. Make sure to follow them in order for me to stay safe. so as to be safe in the marketplace. and to avoid been scammed or cheated.