Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2020/2021 is inviting all international academic outstanding students from any nationality other than the UK. The scholarship programme accepts Masters and PhD level programme(s) in the field of All Subjects with few exceptions taught at the university. It is a highly competitive full-cost scholarships and the scholarships are awarded for applicants to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject. Read through this article to get the basic requirements for the scholarship program as well as how to prepare and apply for it.
Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2020/2021
This programme was established by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in 2000 with a $210 million endowment to enable outstanding graduate students’ study at the university. The eligible students are given funding for postgraduate study at the University of Cambridge for the duration of the degree. And they are also able to access travel funds for conferences, have exclusive use of recreational and social facilities, and participate in an annual retreat to the lake district.
Here is a basic description of the Gates Cambridge Scholarships.
- Scholarship type: Postgraduate.
- Target Students: International students.
- Institution: University of Cambridge.
- Host: Gates Foundation.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarships allow students to study under All Subjects (Ph.D., MSc or MLitt, or a one-year postgraduate course in any subject available at the University of Cambridge).
Below are some courses that are not eligible to be studied for the Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- Any undergraduate degree course such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA).
- Master of Finance (MFin).
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101).
- Master of Busines (MBA).
- PGCE MBBChir Clinical Studies.
- MD Medical Doctor degree (6 years part-time).
- Part-time degree.
- Non-degree courses.
The scholarship is targeted at students from any nationality other than the UK.
Under the Gates Cambridge Scholarships, there are grants and benefits covered by the programme for eligible candidates:
- Tuition fees.
- Maintenance allowance.
- Travel costs.
- Also, make provision of additional, discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
Before applying for the scholarship program, here are the eligibility criteria you ought to meet:
- Applying candidates must be a citizen of any country other than the United Kingdom.
- He/she must be applying or in pursuit of one of the below listed full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- Ph.D. (three years research-only degree).
- MSc or MLitt (two years research-only degree).
- One-year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM. MASt, Diploma, MBA, etc.).
- The applicants can also be a University of Cambridge student already and want to apply for a new postgraduate course.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship program, you are to follow the below steps carefully for a successful application process:
- Visit this link GatesCambridge.
- Scroll down and click on APPLY NOW.
- Enter a course you want to take at the University of Cambridge.
- From the list of related courses, click on the one you want.
- Read more on the course programme details, and then click on the Apply Now button on the right side of the page.
- Register for a student portal.
- Enter your email, password, and reenter the password.
- Click on Register.
- Provide your email, password, and reenter the password.
- Click to checkmark the boxes of the terms and conditions, and privacy and cookies.
- Verify your account via the mail sent to the provided email during your registration.
- Sign in to your student portal after verification.
- Choose a course start date.
- Check the documents to provide, application fee, and other information.
- Click on Apply for this course.
- Enter your personal details, course application information, funding (how to apply for funding), equal opportunities, and attach the required documents.
- Pay for the application fee using your credit or debit card.
- Click on Submit.
Then your application will be successfully sent to the university. After which you are to wait for the selection processes and your application status. Check on your application status; if accepted then you can follow the guidelines provided to confirm your application.
You can get more information about the scholarship from the URL GatesCambridge more info.
There are two session of Gates Cambridge Scholarships application deadline: US citizens residents in the USA deadline is on the 14th of October 2020 and while for all other eligible applicants is on the 3rd December 2020 or 7th January 2021 depending on the course.