At Google, we believe a diversity of attributes, experiences, and perspectives are needed to create tools that may change the globe. Everyone deserves a chance to pursue connections within the industry, network with peers, and a career path in technology. to assist break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups in technology and business from attending leading conferences, we’re excited to supply Google Conference and Travel Scholarships for selected conferences within the tech industry and related fields.
Google 2020 Africa Travel and Conference Grant Application
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that focuses on Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, computer programs, cloud computing, software, and hardware. it’s considered one in every of the large Four technology companies, alongside Amazon, Apple, and Facebook. Google was founded in September 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford in California.
The company’s rapid climb since incorporation has triggered a sequence of products, acquisitions, and partnerships beyond Google’s core computer program (Google Search). It offers services designed for work and productivity (Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides), email (Gmail), scheduling and time management (Google Calendar), cloud storage (Google Drive), instant messaging, and video chat (Duo, Hangouts), language translation (Google Translate), mapping and navigation (Google Maps, Waze, Google Earth, Street View), video sharing (YouTube), note-taking (Google Keep), and photo organizing and editing (Google Photos). the corporate leads the event of the Android mobile software, the Google Chrome browser, and Chrome OS, a light-weight software system supported the Chrome browser.
Google Africa Travel and Conference Grant
- Scholarships Type – Postgraduate.
- Organization – Google.
- School to check – Not specified.
- Course to check – Not specified.
- State of Origin – Not specified.
- Gender – Men and ladies.
- Application Deadline – Lammas Day, 2021.
Aim and Benefits of Google Africa Travel and Conference Grant Scholarships
To encourage attendance at technical conferences, Google will provide selected recipients:
- Free conference registration.
- North America: Cost of 1 registration for the virtual conference listed on the North America tab.
- Europe: Up to 1,000 EUR towards travel and accommodation costs (will be paid after the conference).
- India: a souvenir within the range of 1,000 – 3,000 USD which will cover conference registration, travel, accommodation, and other related expenses.
- Africa: a present within the range of 1,000 – 3,000 USD which will cover conference registration, travel, accommodation, and related expenses. The scholarship amount depends on the cost of the international conference.
- Japan & South Korea: Up to three,000 USD towards air tickets and lodging cost (will be paid after the conference). The scholarship amount depends on the cost of the international conference.
Requirements for Google Africa Travel and Conference Grant Scholarships Qualification
To be eligible for a scholarship to attend a global conference, applicants must:
- Be a student enrolled with a recognized university in Africa who is in need of conference travel funds.
- Studying engineering, computer engineering, or a technical field associated with the conference subject.
- Have a paper accepted for presentation (oral or poster) within the main conference program at a top-tier engineering science conference. We value more highly to support conferences in research areas where Google encompasses a strong interest. Please visit research.google.com for an inventory of areas. The paper must be accepted for full publication and preferably full public speaking. Workshop papers won’t be approved for travel scholarships.
- Be the only or joint first author of the accepted paper.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for Google Africa Travel and Conference Grant Scholarships
We review applications monthly, all year round, therefore you’ll get our reply four to 6 weeks from the date of the appliance. Once approved for a travel scholarship, the funds are going to be paid to the applicant’s university, and also the student may claim expenses using regular university procedures.
Application Deadline – August 1, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Click here to travel to the appliance portal.
Please submit this form by the deadline for the conference that you simply wish to attend.
For any questions, please reach resolute firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Google website, for more details.