Everybody loves using WhatsApp to chat, with loved one’s friend’s families and others. Some people actually use WhatsApp for double dating and other mischievous activities. I’m just going to put it plain I’m not going to sugarcoat it if you want to know how to hide chats on WhatsApp. Then this post is made just for you to do so. I don’t know the reason why you want to hide a chat on your WhatsApp application. All I know is that I have a solution for you to do so using the WhatsApp itself no third-party application involved here. Also on this post, you will be taught how to download the WhatsApp application for Android and iOS, how to set up a free WhatsApp account, how to open and start a chat and finally how to hide a chat using WhatsApp.
Why hide chats on WhatsApp?
Well, that is the question. The reasons for one wanting to hide their WhatsApp chat can be for a various number of reasons. Which cannot all be said, or thought about. But one major reason I think for one wanting to hide a chat from your partner, parents or others avoid problems. Whether a wife, a husband or a boyfriend and girlfriend. Your reasons don’t really matter. On this post only what matters is that you know how to hide a chat to prevent any kind of disaster. however, I wouldn’t want my viewers to get involved in any form of breakup or disaster. Because they don’t know how to hide chats on WhatsApp. that is why this post is coming your way today. So if you have a good enough reason to hide chats on WhatsApp then you might want to read through this post.
How to download WhatsApp
The first step you going to take for you to hide your chat on WhatsApp is to first download the WhatsApp application. to download the WhatsApp application you have to follow the steps that are listed below. they are quite easy and simple.
- Open your app store or play store depending on the device you use.
- Now type and search for ‘Whatsapp messenger’ using the search bar.
- Tap on the first result in the list which should be the main WhatsApp application.
- For Android devices tap on Install and then tap on Accept. While for those using iOS tap on Get follow by tapping on Install.
That is all, I told you before the process is easy. After carrying out the last step, the WhatsApp will start to download on your device. Follow the next procedure to set up a WhatsApp account for yourself.
WhatsApp sign up
WhatsApp sign up also means setting up a WhatsApp account. Or how to set up WhatsApp account. so you can start using WhatsApp free from today. Well as long as you have data. The procedure is below.
- For both iPhone and Android open the WhatsApp application if downloaded.
- Now tap on Agree and Continue.
- Now tick Allow on the next boxes that will appear to Grant WhatsApp access.
- Type in your phone number and tap on Done.
This process was also easy, isn’t it? Now once that is done you have successfully set up your WhatsApp account. You can now start a chat with your friends on WhatsApp.
How to hide a chat using WhatsApp
To hide a chat using WhatsApp, you have to make use of the archive feature. The archive feature is all about moving the chats from the main chat list to the archive list. Which cannot be easily seen by others nor have they thought of it. Now once you move a chat to the archive list you can keep chatting from there and also restore the chat back to your chat list. Follow the procedure below to hide a chat using the archive feature.
- Launch your WhatsApp application.
- Tap on Chats which you reveal the list of chats you have made on the WhatsApp application.
- Now tap and hold on any chat (note do not tap once to reveal that chat, what you do is tap and hold onto it to reveal a list of options to carry out on that chat).
- Now at the top right corner of the screen, you will see a square box with a down-facing arrow on it. Tap on it to archive the chat. You can quickly tap on Undo if you do not want to archive that chat.
Now that is all because once you successfully carried out the last step you have successfully hidden a shirt using the archive future. Now to make the chat visible again or removed from the archive list do the following.
How to unhide a WhatsApp chat
To unhide or to unarchive a WhatsApp chat, carry out the below procces.
- Open the WhatsApp application.
- Now top on Chats if your app is not already on your chat list.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of your chat list.
- Tap on Archived chat
- Tap and hold on any of the chats and tap on the archive button again at the top right corner of the screen to unarchive or unhide the chat.
There you have it, I hope this post has been of great help to you. I don’t know whether it is to prevent a disaster between you and your wife or you and your boyfriend it is none of my business. I just made this post to teach you how to hide a chat for whatever reason you will want to do that is your concern, not mine. You also saw how to download and set up a free WhatsApp account in case you do not have one before. So take advantage of this new knowledge you have gained and hide as much as you want.