If you are into the e-commerce business and you use magneto, you might probably have heard of magneto 2. And then you have decided to get all the information you need to know about it and how it works. Well, it’s a good thing you came across this post today. As I am going to try my best to do justice to the Magento 2 platform so you can understand it and how it works. So that you can switch to it if you are still using the first installment of it.
We will look at what magneto 2 is, some of its features, and also, how to install it on this post today.
What is Magneto?
Like we all know, magneto is an e-commerce platform where sellers can open a store to sell their goods online with the help of its shopping cart feature. Using magneto users can create a free online store from the scratch up and begin to sell on it. They provide lots of features for their users to benefit free and also they provide different plans too. You can basically use magneto for free but you will still have to pay some bills for some features.
There are basically three plans like I have said, or you can call them installment. Which are the Magento open-source, the magneto commence and the magneto commence cloud. The first is the smallest among them followed by the second and finally the third which is the most expensive. The first installment you can use it to create a free store but you will have to pay for other services, the second one is totally paid and for medium business, while the last is for larger businesses.
Now that we have had a recap of the magneto, let’s see what the magneto 2 is. For everyone that does not know what it is.
You can say that Magento 2 is the newest or latest upgrade to the entire Magento platform. Which was released in 2007, the basic difference is that it provides more modern and updated features and structures, with a more simplistic approach for customers using the platform. So basically it is everything and better of which the first version was not. That’s is the most important thing you need to know. That it is an upgraded version of the previous one containing the latest features.
Recommended see – Magento Pricing – Magento Pricing 2019 | Magento Pricing Tiers
There are lots of features packed in the magneto 2 platform which makes all the difference. And it is good that you upgrade to if you have not done so. We are just going to list briefly some of the features of the magneto 2 and talk about them a Little.
Magneto 2 Features
Since the release of this upgrade, many users have found it very helpful in all the important ways. I.e in comparison to the previous version. So let’s go-ahead to list and talk briefly about some of the features for us to see.
- The first difference you will notice is that there has been a major restructuring to the admin panel. Here, the latest panel is now very user-friendly and has all the relevant things in the right places. The dashboard contains all the right functions and the necessary once like lifetime sales and average sales.
- There is now a new default theme that has been added to it. Which is very vibrant and much more attractive.
- Also, the response has been improved.
- The performance has been optimized and the general web design improved.
- Integration with more forms of payment like PayPal, Braintree and more have been added for easy payment.
We are going to stop here on the features, but like as usual you will have to upgrade to get all the features and benefits it has to offer you.
Magento 2 Theme
So many people love the idea of themes. And have been using it on their mobiles, their computers and More. Which is one of the reasons why so many people have embraced the theme feature in the magneto 2 upgrade. And are looking for ways to get new themes in their store. The good news is that you can get the latest themes and templates from the magneto store. Visit this link to access the various them available Magneto Theme
There are also different platforms where you can get themes for your magneto store easily which can also include a free template. All you need is to access this platform or website. One of which is Envato once you visit the site and you can choose from the 100s of themes available and start using. All you need to do is visit this link and tap on Start Now.
Recommended see – Magento – How to Set Up Your First Magento Store | Magento Login
Magento 2 installation
Installing magneto 2 is a tedious but easy process and I am going to make it as easy as possible for you to know how to do it. All you need is a little brain and you are good to good to go. However, you will require some software. You will require a software called composer.
- Now to get the composer software enter the following command. Cd and thereafter enter composer create-project –repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ Magento/project-community-edition magento2
- Now log in to magneto accounts and tap on My Access keys, enter name and generate a new key.
- Enter this command composer create-project –repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/magento/project-community-edition
- Then go to set up wizard and click on Install.
- Go to your magneto 2 root directory via the terminal and run the following commands.
- PHP bin/Magento sampledata:deploy
- PHP bin/Magento setup:upgrade
- Now if you see “Please re-run Magento compile command”, then enter the following command:
- PHP bin/Magento setup:di:compile, and you are done.
Once you have done that correctly then your magneto 2 has been correctly installed and you can start enjoying the upgrade.