Like the name suggests to set up means to start something. and that is why this post on Spotify account set up is coming your way today. Because doing a Spotify account setup means creating a Spotify account. And if you want to create a Spotify account it means you do not have one before. On this post, we will talk about the Spotify platform, how to set up a Spotify account, some of the features of the Spotify platform amongst others. so do say put and you do not go anywhere as this post is airtight. you will find out everything you need to know about Spotify.
What is Spotify?
Most of you already probably know what Spotify is. but just for the benefit of those that do not this is what it is. Spotify is an online streaming platform that offers unlimited music and podcast content. that are DRM protected, from media companies and record labels for your listening pleasure. the Spotify is also a Swedish company and has a basic freemium version that supports free features and also a premium version with more features with just a little token to pay for a 3-month subscription.
Spotify media content was just barely 40 million tracks when launched in October 2007. Now 10 years later it has a total of 217 million users monthly that uses the free version of Spotify. and over 100 million users that do subscribe to the premium version. considering this Shopify is one of the top streaming online music platform services today.
Features of Spotify
Like I said earlier on, the Spotify has both free and paid account. however, there are lots of features on the free account with more features are available for premium. We are going to be looking into them together.
- Play queue and history – through this feature is available only on the premium version. This feature gives you the ability to see and also arrange what plays next on your playlist. And you can also see your previous playlist history.
- Shuffle play – with this feature you have the ability to mix up your next music. Instead of playing in the normal order it would select and play music randomly.
- Library – Spotify gives you access to the library where you find your saved files, recent music and so much more information about your Spotify account or your playlist.
- Podcast – with Spotify you can listen directly and enjoy your favorite podcast. Without having to break a sweat or stress yourself. The new podcast can also be used to automatically save podcast offline.
- Spotify radio – this is to keep the mood going, and also all for your listening pleasure. Spotify radio gives you access to artist audio and also creates a collection of songs based on any artist for your listening pleasure.
- Daily mix – this is a collection of songs perfectly lined up for you to play. just with a tap or a push of a button.
We will stop there. as the features of this Spotify streaming platform very much. however to get more of the features you have to sign up today for a free or premium account.
Spotify Sign Up
To create a free account on the Spotify platform you have to do the follow the steps below exactly in order to do so.
- Firstly, open the Spotify website here https://www.spotify.com/us/.
- Now when the page or the site is loaded and opened, tap on Get Spotify free.
- Now after tapping that, a new page will load. Fill in your details according to the screen prompts you to see.
- Now you have to do the CAPTCHA test to prove you are human
- After passing the test click on Sign up.
Now after the signup process is completed you would be automatically login to view your Spotify account. However if you click the get Spotify free and it directs you to the app store, if using a mobile device. Do not panic just hit on Install and Accept for Spotify download on your device. then sign up using the app following the on-screen prompt.
Spotify sign in
Using mobile applications or any application at all, it becomes useless to sign out of any platform app you are using. As it is therefore not important to sign out. If you are done using the app all you need to do is just to close it and leave the environment. However, using the web browser version is different entirely. You might need to sign out when you are done. Therefore if you have been signed out, use this is the process to sign in.
- Visit the Spotify account links.
- Now tap on the Menu button which is the three vertical lines.
- Scroll down and tap on login.
- Open the Spotify app
- Fill in your username and your password
- And tap on Sign in.
Once you have done that, you will be automatically signed in again into your Spotify account. And there you can begin the unlimited music streaming.
Delete Spotify Account
If you want to stop using the Spotify service permanently then canceling it is the only option you have. That is if you are a premium subscriber, but if you are not then you can just go over to deleting it. So first things first you have to cancel your subscription then follow the procedure below.
- Now head to the Spotify home page. If you are not logged in then sign in.
- Next click on the “Help” button which is it the upper right corner.
- Now you can type “delete Spotify account” or “close account” in the search bar anyone is good.
- Then select the“Close Account” option from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down now to where you see “If you’d still like to go ahead, you can close your account here.” Now click on that link to open the contact page.
- Tap on the Account menu and select “I want to close my Spotify account”.
- Finally, you can now select “Close Account”.
If you are looking for a platform where you can stream music unlimitedly and uninterruptedly. Then you have to get a Spotify account today. Because with Spotify your listening pleasure is just a click away. now that you have seen how to get a free Spotify account. however, if you’re not satisfied with the free account, you are free to switch to premium. Nobody is holding you back. Start using Spotify today and get the music for a great and fun experience.