Ever heard of the ongoing program titles: “The World Bank Paid Internship” The World Bank Group works in every major area in the field of development. They provide a wide array of financial products and technical assistance to members and also help countries share and apply innovative knowledge and solutions to the challenges they face. Applying for this internship will be a great start to a life-changing idea. There are more about the World Bank Paid Internship I will be detailing in this article, so I will be glad if you read more o get the basics and how you can apply.
The World Bank Paid Internship
The World Bank Paid Internship is offering any highly motivated and successful individuals an opportunity to improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. Interns generally find this experience to be rewarding and interesting. With over 180 member countries, staff from more than 170 countries, and offices in over 130 locations, the World Bank Group is a unique global partnership: five institutions working for ideas and solutions that aim to reduce poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries.
- Offered annually: Yes
- Type: Internship
- Number of Positions: Several
- Duration of Programme: A minimum of four weeks
- To be taken at (country): Most positions are located in Washington, D.C. (some positions are offered in country offices).
- Priority Fields:
This internship typically is inviting applicants who are considering the below listed eligible field of studies:
- Human development (public health, education, nutrition, population)
- Social science (anthropology, sociology)
- Private sector development
Above listed are the eligible field of studies as well as other related fields you can get from the website Worldbank.org
Selection Criteria of The World Bank Paid Internship
Fluency in English is required. Eligible relevant work experience, computing skills, as well as knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese are advantageous and to be known by applicants.
To be eligible for the internship, applicants are required to possess an undergraduate degree and already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or Ph.D. with plans to return back to school in a full-time duration). Generally, successful applicants have completed their first year of graduate studies or are already into a Ph.D. program.
Value of Programme
The Bank Group offers payments as an hourly salary to all interns and, provides an allowance towards travel expenses where applicable. Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations and fares.
This application guidelines listed below are tips to aid you in your application process:
- Applicants should ensure that they use either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher web browser version.
- He/she will be required to register for an account and provide an email address.
- Applicants must complete his/her application entry in a single session and will be able to submit it only if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions. And note that questions marked with an asterisk * are mandatory.
- Input the most current contact information and details.
- Applicants should ensure that they have correctly spelled out their email address since this will be the main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
- Also, remember to enter your complete phone number inclusive of your country area code.
- Please attach the following documents (mandatory) before submitting:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Statement of Interest.
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree.
Note: Each file must not exceed 5 MB, and should be in either of the following listed formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf
How to Apply for The World Bank Paid Internship
Follow the below procedure to apply for the internship:
- Enter the website Worldbank.org.
- Move your cursor/pointer and click on the Work with us section at the header.
- Click on Programs & Internships under “For Job Seekers”.
- On the next page, click on Internship from the left-sided options.
- Then, click on the Apply option from the right side of the page.
- You will be redirected to a page, click on Sign up now.
- Enter your email and click on Provide verification code.
- A code will be sent to your email. Enter it on the verification code box and click on Verify code.
- Provide a password, display name, given name, and surname.
- Click on Create.
- Log in with your email and password to your account portal.
- Click on Apply and provide the required information.
- Attach the required documents.
- Click on Submit Application.
After your application has been submitted, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates. All applicants are required to submit their entries online. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be attended to or considered.
Visit Program webpage to apply
Application Deadline: The program is offered during two seasons, and applications are accepted during the following periods:
- Winter Internship (December–March): The application period for the Winter season will begin from 1st October 2020 to 31st October 2020.
- Summer Internship (June – September): The application period for the Summer Internship is 1st December 2020 to 31st January 2021.