Almost everyone out there knows what Gmail is but not everyone knows most of the uses of Gmail.in this article I would be taking you on a ride on what can you do on Gmail. we all know Gmail is the largest online emailing platform and they have lots and tons of amazing features to play around with. Without further delay lets go ahead and explain some of the things we can do on Gmail.
What Can You Do with Gmail?
Gmail number one feature as an email is definitely sending and receiving of emails, but there are other things that can be done with your Gmail account. I know most of you will think that it ends with sending and receiving email, no it doesn’t. Gmail is packed with lots of features that will make your life easy if you use their email service. That is why I’ve come up with this post today and below you will see a list of things you can do with your Gmail account.
So without further ado let’s go ahead and jump in those things you can do with your Gmail account.
Creating and Sending of Emails
Once you own an email account, the first thing you going to want to know is how to create and send emails. Follow these easy steps to do so.
- Go to GMAIL.
- By the left corner of the page click on Compose.
- You can change your window by using the buttons in the top corner. Note this step is optional
- Then add your recipient and subject.
- Now type your message. note that messages you write but do not send are stored as Drafts on the left corner.
- After composing you can Add links, Images, Attachments, and lots more to your email.
- When done, click on Send.
Free tip: maybe if you decided against sending the emails and you want to cancel, then click on Undo on the bottom of the page the undo option can be set anyhow you want in the settings.
View New Emails –What Can You Do with Gmail?
Emails that have not been read are bold. to view them, just click on them. Replies to emails are grouped together into conversations for easy keeping because when emails are capped together in a thread, it’s simple and easy to keep a record of them and it also helps to save inbox space.
How to turn off conversation view
- On the top right corner of the page click on Settings.
- From the options in settings select the General tab, then click on Conversation view off.
- In the bottom, then click Save change.
- And you are done.
Replying an Email – What Can You Do with Gmail
To reply to emails you are sent, do this:
- If you want to reply to just one email or the most recent email which is the last email, in the thread click on Reply.
- Also to reply to an email within a thread click on Reply.
- To forward the last email or a single mail click on forward.
- if you want to forward an email in a thread, click on the 3 vertical dots and then click forward.
- To view the previous emails of any thread click on more which is the signified by the 3 vertical dots, then click on forward.
- Click on Forward all from the more option to forward all messages.
- The smart reply which is located at the bottom part of the email can be used by clicking a suggested reply which can be edited before sending it.
How to Change Recipients – What Can You Do with Gmail?
To add or remove recipients do this;
- Open an email, then click any recipient’s address.
- To add more, type the recipient’s email addresses.
- To remove any recipes, click on remove next to their email addresses
Changing the subject of an email
- Click on the down arrow next to the type a responds, then click on Edit subject.
- Then type the new subject.
Saving and Printing of Attachments
If you receive an attachment, maybe a document or a picture, the preview of the attachment can be seen. See the steps below.
- To see full-screen view and print: click on the attachment then a full-screen view of it would be open. if you want to print the document click on the printer icon.
- To download an image or to save to drive: touch on preview then click on download to save it to phone or store in your drive.
Sending Emails Offline (Without Internet Connection)
You can read, respond to and search for messages with Gmail even when you are not connected to the internet. Anything you do while offline would be done automatically when you are back online. When Gmail offline is enabled your messages will sync with your browser stores on your computer.
How to Enable Offline Mode
- On the top right corner of the main page click on Settings.
- Enter the offline tab and check the box with the Enable offline mail written on it.
- The next option to security, choose if you would like to keep or remove offline data in your device.
- Then click Save changes.
If you don’t see the offline option you can contact your admin.
Turning your Vacation Responder On/Off
- At the top right corner, tap settings.
- Scroll down to where you see Vacation responder and choose vacation responder on/vacation responder off.
- If the vacation responder is turned on, you can enter dates you will be on vacation add a message, and choose who gets responses.
Find out if your email was read
In some cases you want to know if the email you sent to someone has been read or not, and this can pretty must take away your rest of mind. Especially when the person is special you and you are expecting a reply. But not to worry Gmail got you covered there are several extensions on Google Chrome store that you can download that will show you if your email has been read by anybody you send them to. Examples of those extensions are sidekick and intelliverse. So get any of them from the pet store and install.
Well, guys, that’s it on this post. I want you to know that these are just a few things that you can do on Gmail. These are just some of the basics to get you started using the Gmail platform. My advice is for you to sign up and start using Gmail today because it will help you a lot in anything email related.