Are you looking into trading and investing then you would want to know when does the stock market open. You will need to know the different time periods to get the best sense of when you should be doing your trading. You will need to know the standard trading hours in the U.S stock exchange. The stock exchange like the NASDAQ or the New your stock exchange.
When Does the Stock Market Open
If you want to invest in something that is available somewhere else like in another country then you would need to know when their trades open. NASDAQ and New York stock exchange are two major stock exchanges in the United States and they have the same opening time. They both open from Monday through Friday.
What time does the stock market open central time
Both NYSE and Nasdaq opens at 9:30 a.m. eastern time Monday through Friday. If you are in Nigeria the stock exchange opens from Monday through Friday at 9:30 a.m. The Nasdaq and New York stock exchange closes at 4:00 p.m. eastern time every Monday to Friday including new year days and other holidays. The Nigerian stock market closes at 2:00 pm every Monday to Friday. Interested in other foreign countries and would love to invest and trade in other countries then consult with a local financial advisor.
Holidays Stock Market are Closed for
Nasdaq and New York stock exchanges close on nine special holidays which include.
- New year’s day. The
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- President’s day.
- Good Friday.
- Memorial Day.
- Independence day.
- Labor Day.
- Thanksgiving day.
Some of these holidays lead to early closing of the stock market or extra days closed after holiday.
Stock market today
If you are a stock investor and you will like to keep track of stock it’s very easy to do. You can do so by using any of the stock platforms online to keep track of your stocks. One of the recommended ones is the CNN STOCK MARKET.
When Do Global Stock Markers Open and Close – Market opening time
There are several stock market that opens globally it is good to know when they are opened if you are investing and trading internationally. Here the standard time of some of the global stock market that are trading.
Stock market hours today
- Canada’s Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) is open from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Japan’s Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE) is open from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., with an hour lunch of no trading from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- The London Stock Exchange (LSE) in the United Kingdom is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The Irish Stock Exchange (ISE) is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) is open from 9:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- The Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) is open from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The Mexican Stock Exchange (BMV) is open from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- China’s Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) is open from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., with a 90-minute lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. with no trading.
- The Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKEX) is open from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with an hour lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. with no trading.
These are well know trading markets you can trade on and you can ask your financial advisor any questions.
World stock market timings per indian time
As a beginner or even an expert in trading, you have to get conversant with the timing of stocks. The world stock market timings per Indian time is started below. It is divided into 3 phases they are all listed below.
1 – The Pre-open session
- The pre-open season opens for 15mins from 9:00 AM to 9:15 AM.
- The 15 mins pre-open time is also divided into 3. Which is the Order Entry session 9:00 AM – 9:08 AM order entry section 9:00 AM – 9:08 AM, order matching session 9:08 AM – 9:12 AM and the last session Buffer Session 9:12 AM – 9:15 AM.
- Buying takes place during this session.
2 – Normal Market Session
- This is the pain session which lasts almost the whole day from 9:15 AM – 3:30 PM.
3 – Post-closing session
- This is the season that buying and selling take place at the closing price. This session starts from 3:40 PM and ends at 4:00 PM.
Is the stock market open on weekends
Normally at weekends,, the stock market is not opened because they will be closed. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t trade on weekends because trading can still go on. So with the help of online trading platforms, you can trade online after hours and even on Sunday.
London stock exchange hours
The London stock exchange hours are pretty much the same as most other trading platforms. They open at exactly 8 a.m and closes at 4:30 p.m local time, they do not go for lunch during this period
Dow Jones opening time GMT
Dow Jones company is a company that tracks more than 30 U.S companies’ stock. Their opening hours is from 9.30 am EST time (2.30 pm GMT) to 4 pm.
Getting the right knowledge at the right time goes a long way in trading of stock. It is very important that you know the opening time trading time and closing times of many of the stock companies.