The World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition 2021 for Young Africans is inviting participants for the program to be held in Kenya’s office. This competition is a yearly blog essay/content writing program, inviting young Africans to weigh in on any given eligible topic critical to their Africa economic development.
The competition is a medium provided to involve Africa’s youth and provide a platform for them to share their views, and solutions, about development issues. In 2018, it was turned into a regional competition, available to young citizens from all 48 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition 2021 for Young Africans
With over 180 member countries, staff from over 170 countries, and offices in over 130 physical locations, the World Bank Group is a unique global partnership. It involves five different institutions aimed at working for sustainable solutions that reduce poverty situations as well as build shared prosperity in already developing countries. Jointly, the IBRD and IDA formed the World Bank, to provide financing, policy advice, and technical aids to governments of these developing countries. But the public sector sets the program to allow private investment and allow it to thrive. The major target of this institution is to give the World Bank Group unique access to connect global financial resources, knowledge, and innovative solutions to the needs of developing countries economic.
World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition
- Type – Entrepreneurs.
- Organization – World Bank.
- Country to Study – Not specified.
- School to study – Not specified.
- Course to study – Not specified.
- State of Origin – Not specified.
- Gender – Men and Women
- Application Deadline – November 30, 2020.
Aim and Benefits of World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition
- Selected authors as winners are eligible for several grants, which includes an invitation to attend a special program during the World Bank-IMF Spring Meetings to be held in 2021.
- Will be given an opportunity to represent Africa’s youth at high-level program events.
- A chance to participate either as an intern at a World Bank country office, or an opportunity to have their blog published on the World Bank blog Youth Transforming Africa platform.
Requirements for World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition Qualification
To be eligible for the #Blog4Dev competition, you must:
- Participant must be a citizen of one of the 48 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicants must between the ages of 18 and 28 on November 30th, 2020.
- Must have not have been a winner of any of the program’s previous editions.
The participants that will be awarded a winner will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Clarity in writing and presentation.
- Practicality and relevance.
- The potential impact on development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to World Bank on fr.surveymonkey.com to apply
- CLICK HERE to get directed to the application portal.
- From the displayed windows. Read more about the program.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Next.
- Click on Next again from the second page.
- Accept the terms and conditions by clicking the check box at the front of the section.
- Fill in your details which include:
- Full name.
- Date of birth.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- Social media accounts.
- Then submit your blog entry/essay to be in the English Language.
- Click on SUBMIT.
Website: For more details, visit World Bank website.
Application Deadline – November 30th, 2020.