The Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Programme 2021 for African Students is a high-intensity academic and leadership program that is created for African secondary school applicants who have the desire, talent, drive, energy, and ideas to make meaningful impacts as young leaders, even before they begin their university program studies. Entering its sixth year, this intensive program brings together African secondary school students of the ages of 14–18 for a free program, intensive academic and residential program.
Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Programme 2021 for African Students
The program is administered by the Yale Young Global Scholars Program. YYAS applicants ought to attend lectures to be led by prominent Yale faculty, seminars developed by Yale student expertise, and experiential exercises designed to teach them their leadership skills. Applicants will engage in robust intellectual exchange activities which are seen to be crucial towards understanding Africa’s most pressing challenges, solutions, and opportunities. Also, Yale student-led courses and leadership training, YYAS also offers students standardized test preparation sessions at no cost to the students.
Here is a brief introduction about the Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Programme 2021 for African Students:
- Type – College School.
- Organization – Yale Young Global Scholars.
- Country to Study – Not specified.
- School to study – Not specified.
- Course to study – Not specified.
- State of Origin – Not specified.
- Gender – Men and Women.
- Application Deadline – February 16th, 2021
Aim and Benefits of Yale Young African Scholars Programme
This program is targeted at making the program accessible to students of all financial backgrounds, and there is no cost for applicants to participate in YYAS.
Requirements for Yale Young African Scholars Programme Qualification
- Age: At the application date, applicants must be at least 14 years old in order to be considered eligible.
- English: Applicants must be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English Language skills.
- Citizenship: He/she is required to be a citizen or permanent resident of any African country.
- School location: Must currently attend any school in an African country.
- Graduation date: If you attend school in the Northern Hemisphere, then you must be graduating secondary school by the earliest May/June 2021. If you attend school in the Southern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by the earliest November/December 2020. Students who will graduate secondary school before August 2020 are NOT eligible to apply.
An applicant who is already in your final year or term of secondary school, and have already graduated secondary school, or are university student, are not eligible to apply for this program.
Selection Criteria: A typical YYAS participant has:
- Must have an excellent academic record.
- He/she must show demonstrated leadership potential.
- Ought to have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the zeal and ability to work cooperatively with other teams.
- He/she must be persistent and determined when facing challenges.
- Must have a high standard of personal and professional conduct skills.
- Possess the ability to read, analyze, and reflect on large quantities of difficult material in the English Language.
- Must have an interest in engaging in discussions about intellectual, moral, and political issues in Africa.
Application Deadline – February 16th, 2021.
How to Apply
Follow the steps below to apply for this program:
- CLICK HERE to go to the application portal.
- Then click on Create an account under first time users.
- Enter your email address, first name, last name, and birthdate.
- Click on Continue.
- Verify the account via the mail sent to you.
- Now search for the program title.
- Click on Apply.
- Fill in the required information and attachment required.
- Then click on Submit.
Important Note: Please note there is no fee to be paid to apply for or participate in YYAS. While the program shares the same online application form as its sister program, YYGS, the application fee section only applies to students who wish to apply for both programs or the YYGS only. Applicants who only seek and desire to apply for YYAS should disregard the financial aid section during applying.
For more details, visit YALE website.